Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hello World!

It is an astonishing thing what a new baby can bring. There is a sense of excitement and something new in the air.

I went over to my sister’s house Tuesday night after picking up some frozen yogurt which was a craving, for her husband, to find she was having contractions. One would find this uncomfortable to watch and though it was hard to see her in pain, it was a different feeling because I knew that the baby was coming. So it was more of an exciting anticipatory feeling rather than a negative one.

The last time she had a baby I was living in Seattle and so I missed most of her pregnancy and moments before the birth. This time was much different as I was able to watch her grow and go through those pregnancy moments with her, also fortunate to throw great baby shower with her dearest friend. Now nine months later I am an auntie (or Tia as Zach would call me)again to a beautiful new baby boy, Mason Charlie.

I am even more excited now to have children of my own in no less than 10 years. I am excited to share those precious moments with my family and friends. I am also excited to go shopping and register for all the fun things that the baby can use and wear. Some things that I am hope that will not happen when I have my babies are as follows. One that we will not be in a recession, two that my sister will not be too busy with her 15 children that she will be too busy for me, three that my parents won’t be living more than 20 minutes away from me at any time before, during or after the birth, and finally four that I won’t gain more than the baby weighs. My only hope is that I can look as good as my sister does after giving birth because I’m pretty sure there was an extensive list of people who thought she looked amazing after the birth of both her sons!

I wanted to add photos of the little guy to this posting but didn't want to spoil it for his parents, so photos to come!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you are so sweet. And I'm SOOOOO glad you were here this time around to experience all the moments with me. Do I still have an excuse for my mood swings? Don't worry - when you have kids, all mine will be in school so I'll have 9-3 available for you every day to dedicate to your triplets :-) Kiss Kiss Sis!

    ReplyDelete