Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Jumping on the Whole30 Bandwagon

When most things in your life feel a bit out of control...one thing you can control is what you put in your mouth.  So therefore I decided with the encouragement of my roommate to try out this Whole30 "eating-plan" (I do not want to say diet because that messes with my brain).
To be honest I am doing 28 days, because on the 28th day I will be a bridesmaid in a wedding, and will not pass up on the festivities of this day and couldn't start 30 days before because I was in Napa...and I mean really, not drinking wine in Napa HAS to be a sin.

Day 1 (travelling back from Napa):
Breakfast: Consisted of 1 Organic Banana and 1 Cup of Black Coffee

Lunch: On the Plane...my only real option?  Black Coffee and a water please

Dinner:  1 Pork Loin cooked on a frying pan in coconut oil, with a side of organic applesauce.
A large portion of mushrooms, asparagus, and onions sauteed in coconut oil in a Wok.  Delicious!




How am I feeling?:
I knew that today would be rough because I was travelling, had to get home to shop and meal plan, but from all my indulgence over the weekend I feel like today was not as bad as it could have been.  I was ok until I started cooking dinner and then realized how hungry I really was!
I wanted to get a head start on the week, so I made some Turkey and Pumpkin Chili, froze some green grapes, and cooked an extra pork loin so I felt a bit more confident in having some go-to's.
Day One Done, WHEW!


No comments:

Post a Comment