Friday, January 22, 2010

Say a little Prayer!

I keep looking at slide show after slide show of people in Haiti. I remember the day it happened and I was looking at pictures of the aftermath with my co workers. The first thing I said was "I want to be there" the first thing out of their mouth was "you're crazy!".
But it's true I really do want to be there. Just like I wanted to go when New Orleans was flooded and that feeling that came over me when I got to Iowa to help out with the flooding there.

I want to do something bigger, go and save the world!

But for now I just look at the photos and follow a blog about an amazing family at my church who is waiting to get their adopted son from Haiti. The wife Kristen was actually there when the earthquake hit and was evacuated. I HIGHLY recommend checking out their blog. If you don't do anything else today absolutely check out their blog and read their story, it's life changing and you too will be changed. (and might have the urge to adopt a Haitian baby just like I do!

www.thehowertons.blogspot.com

***updated Keanan's on his way to Orlando, praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment